Pesto sauce with pine nuts
The most popular recipe with pine nuts – the Pesto Genovese sauce. An Italian dark green sauce used with pasta. It’s made from pine nuts blended with fresh basil, parmesan cheese, garlic and olive oil.
Ingredients (for 350 g sause):
- 1 bunch of basil (it’s about 100 g basil leaves)
- 250 ml olive oil (or mix 200 ml of the olive oil with 50 ml of the AIU pine nut oil)
- 150 g rasped parmesan cheese
- 120 g Siberian pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop a garlic glove
- Rinse and dry basil leaves. Then, roughly chop the leaves (don’t use stalks)
- Put chopped garlic, half of olive oil (125 ml), pine nuts and a dash of salt and pepper in a blender (or a food processor) and blend them
- Add chopped basil leaves and the rest of olive oil (125 ml) to the mixture and blend them. You may need to stop the blender at this point and scrape down its sides to get everything mixed together
- Add Parmesan cheese and mix it into the rest. Your Pesto Genovese is ready to use with pasta or other dishes, and can be kept in a refrigerator for about a week.